[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] MTHFR, Pitt Hopkins and Immunodefiency

Rosenthal, David DRosenthal at NSHS.edu
Mon Apr 27 13:44:13 EDT 2015

Dr. Brooks,

Yes, I am aware of the previous immunological studies which have been authored regarding patients with Pitt Hopkins Syndrome and pDC function.  I am interested in treating and exploring her immunoglobulin deficiency, which is different than has been previously reported (as you mentioned, in the past only IgM deficiency has been reported).

1) I was looking for anyone who has given IVIG or SQIG to patients with MTHFR homozygous mutations; none to my knowledge have been reported in the literature.  I have already read the nice review that screening for MTHFR mutation in patients with thrombosis may not be necessary (as noted by Dylan Mordaunt here), and we are checking for fasting total
plasma homocysteine as a result of that literature.  I was looking for cases of patients who have successfully received IVIG or SQIG with homozygous MFHFR mutations without evidence of thrombosis through this forum.

2) I was looking for other patients with Pitt Hopkins and CVID-like phenotypes to explore this immunological phenotype.

Warmly,
David

--
David Rosenthal, D.O., Ph.D.
Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric Allergy, Asthma, and Clinical Immunology
E: drosenthal at nshs.edu

Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
   Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine

Laboratory of Host Defense
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research