[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Agammaglobulinemia and suspected Helicobacter canadensis like induced infection of the calf

Jasmeen Dara jasmeen.dara at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:04:44 EDT 2015

We are also treating a Helicobacter (H. cinaedi) lower extremity soft
tissue infection in a patient with Bruton's.

He had 2 recurrences after being treated with meropenem and levofloxacin
for 6 weeks. He is currently improving on doxycycline, rifampin, and
amoxicillin. I think he likely needs a very prolonged course (6 months to a
year).

What duration have others had success with? Alternatively, what duration
have others had treatment failures with?

I like the idea of hyperbarics, especially for our patient since he has a
left lower extremity neuromyelitis, muscle atrophy and also had 2
debridements and a skin graft over the last 2 years. (likely poor perfusion
to that area)

Thanks!

--
Jasmeen S. Dara, MD MSc