[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Follow-up of abnormal NBS for SCID in preterm infants

Verbsky, James jverbsky at mcw.edu
Mon Jun 15 12:06:36 EDT 2015

In WI we send the whole panel every two weeksŠsince this is standard of
care with any false NBS in infants.  I agree however that waiting until 37
weeks is probably sufficient, since these kids should be isolated and
infectious precautions taken regardless of outcome.

What is your cutoff currently?  Can you tell us what is the range of the
positives?

Best

James

James Verbsky MD/PhD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Departments of Pediatrics and Microbiology
Medical Director, Clinical Immunology Research Laboratory
Medical Director, Clinical and Translational Research
Medical College of Wisconsin/Children¹s Hospital of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI  53226