[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Potential Cancer Risk to CVID Radiation Therapist

Michael Blaese mblaese at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 16:54:31 EDT 2015

Thanks Richard,

The full content of her message follows.  It¹s all I know.

"Since my diagnosis 2 yrs ago, I have learned that I have a higher
possibility of developing cancer, particularly lymphoma. As a guideline, I
understand that I should limit my exposure to radiation. That is my
question.
I am a 50 yr old radiation therapist, delivering high doses of radiation to
cancer patients. I take the usual precautions, but I am wondering if I need
to continue in this area. My CVID episodes/illnesses have worsened over
time, despite IV IgG infusions, as well as other health conditions, such as
degenerative joint disease and arthritis. (I cannot take anti-inflammatories
due to slow clotting factors.) I am concerned about my 30 yrs of
occupational exposure."

Mike