[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] FW: Extraction of Primary Dentition in HIES

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Wed Jul 22 18:25:06 EDT 2015

This is the response from our Chief of Dentistry:

There is no specific age since dental age does not necessarily correlate with chronological age.

During a dental assessment, we would look at the formation of the permanent dentition, (crowns, root length, etc) and then decide which teeth would be extracted at which time. This would likely need to be done in stages, given the anterior dentition forms first and should be in around age 6-8 and then the premolars and canines would erupt around 10-13.

Joe Church

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.