[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Baby with intestingal lymphangiectasia

Bodo Grimbacher bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 23 07:07:42 EDT 2015

So what is a good functional test for GATA2?
Genetics is not definitive to rule it outŠ clinic is very variableŠ
Yours, Bodo
Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. B. Grimbacher

Scientific-Director
CCI-Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency
UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
Tel.: 0761 270-77731  Fax: -77744
Engesserstraße 4, 79108 Freiburg
bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de
www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/cci

Von:  Nacho Gonzalez <nachgonzalez at gmail.com>
Antworten an:  CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>
Datum:  Wednesday 22 July 2015 23:32
An:  CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>
Betreff:  Re: [cis-pidd] Baby with intestingal lymphangiectasia

Dear all,

Despite WES for GATA2, keep in mind that intronic mutations are not detected
in this way

BW

Nacho

El 22/7/2015 23:15, "Pere Soler Palacin" <psoler at vhebron.net> escribió:
> Dear all, in our experience, PLE (both post-Fontan and primary
> lymphangiectasia) remain free of infections and vaccine response is usually
> normal despite very low IgG levels. However, we have decided to put them all
> on IV or SC Ig therapy since no clear clinical evidence on how to manage this
> patients is available as far as I know and cases with serious infectious
> complications have been described. We only start cotrimoxazole when CD4+ count
> is below 250/mm3 or 15% depending on patients' age.
> In my opinion, I'd not worry about IgA values since the patient is only 18 mo
> of age. Since lymphedema is described in GATA-2 deficient patients I would
> check his monocyte count.
> Besides, would you consider putting all our data on PLE patients from an
> immunological point of view to shed some light on that field?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best,
>
> Pere
>
> Pere Soler Palacín, MD, PhD.Pediatric Infectious Diseases and
> Immunodeficiencies Unit. Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron    Assistant
> Professor. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
> Pg. de la Vall d'Hebron, 119-129
> 08035 Barcelona. Spain.
> Tel. 0034934893140 <tel:0034934893140>   /  Fax 0034934893039
> <tel:0034934893039>
> psoler at vhebron.net  /  34660psp at comb.cat
> Web: www.upiip.com <http://www.upiip.com/> ORCID ID:
> http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0346-5570 <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0346-5570>
> Scopus Author ID: http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=55923378300
> ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pere_Soler-Palacin
> LinkedIn: http://es.linkedin.com/pub/pere-soler-palac%C3%ADn/73/918/b16
>
> No imprimir aquest correu ajudarà a preservar el medi ambient.
> Si vostè no és el destinatari del missatge, o l'ha rebut per error, si us plau
> notifiqui-ho al remitent i destrueixi el missatge amb tot el seu contingut.
> Està prohibida la distribució no autoritzada del contingut d'aquest missatge.
>
> No imprimir este correo ayudará a preservar el medio ambiente.
> Si usted no es el destinatario del mensaje, o lo ha recibido por error,
> notifíquelo por favor al remitente y destruya el mensaje con todo su
> contenido. Está prohibida la distribución no autorizada del contenido de este
> mensaje.
>

> De: "Jennifer Heimall" <heimallj at email.chop.edu>
> Per: "CIS-PIDD" <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>
> Enviats: Dimecres, 22 de Juliol 2015 22:07:11
> Assumpte: RE: [cis-pidd] Baby with intestingal lymphangiectasia
>

> In our cohort of post-Fontan PLE patients we have an median IgG level about
> 200, but the 95% range does dip under 100mg/dL.
>
> In the setting of no infections, I would not start immunoglobulin replacement,
> but would monitor closely and have a low threshold to start if under 150mg/dL
> and becoming symptomatic with infections.
>
> Agree that if going to use it would use SubQ
>
> Jen

> [...]
---

You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as:
bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://cts.dundee.net/u?id=96396431.4f2a33ac30bfa58d3a76b5fb5b03d33a&n=T&l=c
is-pidd&o=3001360