[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] poor antigen responsiveness

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:21:05 EDT 2015

Several years ago I picked up a child who had been evaluated by a
non-immunologist at age two. Immunoglobulins and T cell numbers were
marginal. He was maintained on immunoglobulin, anti-bacterial and
anti-fungal prophylaxis with only a modest history of infections. I
discontinued all treatments over a year and he has done well for the
subsequent five years with no significant infections. Simple URIs do not
have a prolonged recovery.

Three years ago immunoglobulins and vaccine responses were normal as were
CD 3,4,8,16/56 and 19. Mitogen responses were normal. There was no response
in vitro to candida or tetanus. Reevaluation (without remeasuring specific
antibodies) was the same with normal lymphocyte numbers and mitogen

I plan to just follow him and reevaluate in a few years. Any other
suggestions?

Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--