[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] IPEX with AML

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Oct 7 15:42:33 EDT 2015

Mehdi,

I am not aware of any other reported cases of AML in IPEX – we have not seen it in the cohort that we have evaluated.  The FOXP3 mutation in this patient is known to be pathogenic  and is often associated with a somewhat milder phenotype.  There is fairly good data that suggest that approximately 5% of patients with one identifiable genetic defect may have a second pathogenic genetic defect and there are published cases of immunodeficient patients who have loss-of-function mutations in two different pidd genes.  The phenotypes are often some combination of the two defects.  Maybe your patient is one of these.

Would seriously consider BMT.

Best,

Troy R. Torgerson, MD PhD

Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Divisions of Immunology/Rheumatology
Director, Immunology Diagnostic Lab (IDL)
Co-Director, Non-Malignant Transplant Program
University of Washington and Seattle Children's Hospital

Address:
Seattle Children's Research Institute
1900 9th Ave., C9S-7
Seattle, WA  98101-1304