[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Question regarding STAT1-GOF associated disease and domestic cat

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Tue Nov 3 06:08:32 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

we are taking care of a family with multiple individuals affected by STAT1-GOF associated disease. The family wishes to buy a cat as companion animal and was asking whether we had any objections to these plans. In the literature I did not come across reports that STAT1-GOF patients are particularly susceptible to typical infectious diseases transmitted by cats. However, as there may be unpublished experience in the community, I was wondering whether anyone has seen STAT1-GOF patients having trouble with toxoplasmosis, bartonella or other infectious diseases transmitted by cats.

Yours sincerely,

Jan

--
Dr. Jan Rohr

Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency (CCI)
University Medical Center Freiburg
Breisacher Str. 117
79106 Freiburg
Germany