[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] cystic fibrosis and CVID

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Dec 3 01:52:57 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

yes, we experience the same phenomenon in our CF cohort, with a tendency to
hypogammaglobulinemia especially in children bellow 6 years of age.
Interestingly, such hypogammaglobulinemia is mostly caused by IgG2
deficiency. We also use immunoglobulin substitution with a very good effect
in these patients. We did not consider hypogammglobulinemia to be
"CVID-like" as IgG2 titers usually increased with age and infections. Also
no idea about the underlying mechanism.

Anna Sediva

--
Prof. Anna Sediva, M.D., Ph.D.