[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] adult patient with auto-immunity and recurrent airway infections

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Jan 20 02:16:45 EST 2016

Dear Esther,
My assessment would be primarily immune dysregulation (autoimmunity).
I would not hesitate to give her immunosuppressive treatment e.g. for her
MS (including rituximab), but I also like the idea of trying with IVIG
first, as you might catch two birds with one stone?
Your patient has both: Sjögren¹s (which btw also predisposes her to the
upper resp. infections) AND a selective IgG2 deficiency.
She should be monitored for B cell lymphoma.
Thinking about genetics, I would exclude CTLA4 and stop there. Everything
else is far-fetched...
Yours, Bodo

Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. B. Grimbacher

Scientific-Director