[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CD40L defect carrier detection

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Jun 15 09:43:22 EDT 2016

HI All

I would echo the thought that targeted genetic testing would be the preferred method and that in the absence of symptoms in the sister, would probably discuss the risks/benefits of early genetic testing with the family and give them option to either return later for genetic testing or involve a genetic counselor.

I also wanted to remind everyone that the CIS Advocacy Committee is currently working to develop a position paper on the use and potential barriers to genetic testing, part of that paper will include the membership's responses to the survey that was emailed on 6/6/2016.  The CIS Advocacy Committee along with the Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF)  compiled a survey to gauge the current status of insurance based challenges which hinder our ability to diagnose, manage consistently and treat primary immunodeficiency patients.

If you did not yet have the chance, please complete the survey, or if you need it resent please let me know and I will help get it to you!

Thanks

Jen

Jennifer Heimall, MD
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Allergy/Immunology Attending Physician
Medical Director Day Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Perelman School of Medicine

3550 Market Street
3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104