[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Unusual case of combined immunodeficiency with normal numbers of CD4 and CD8 cells [Bulk]

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Jun 29 11:46:58 EDT 2016

I appreciate the thoughts from everybody.  We are going to get a few more tests done on his lymphocytes to see if we can get closer to a diagnosis, then will probably proceed to molecular diagnostics.

We were already planning on a cheek swab for DNA because of the need to minimize blood tests, but Sergio's reminder about possible contaminating maternal cells is an important warning to remember.

Will keep you posted as we get data!

Howard

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine and Pathology
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883
Fax: 410-955-0229
Email: Hlederm1 at jhmi.edu

WARNING: E-mail sent over the Internet is not secure.
Information sent by e-mail may not remain confidential.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended only for the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may be used only in accordance with applicable laws. If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and destroy the e-mail.