[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] AW: Heterozygous JAK3 variant

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Mon Jul 18 11:10:45 EDT 2016

Dear Joe,

We have seen a number of heterozygous RAG and JAK3 mutations (at known positions of SCID genotypes when in homozygous state) in our local TREC+KREC newborn program in Germany.  However, these neonates were all positively screened for KRECs only - normal TRECs based on our cutoffs. Even thought that JAK3 shouldn`t give a B-minus phenotype in humans, this reminds of the mouse model where B cells are low too. All of our hz RAGs and JAKs reverted into normal TREC and KREC copies within 3 months - with the cellular function and clinical phenotypes to be judged on in progress..

Do you have B cell data from the date when the child was screened positive initially? Would you have a dot from the original Guthrie card to be tested for KREC copies in our lab?

BR, Stephan Borte

Stephan Borte, MD, PhD
Associate docent - Div. of Clinical Immunology, F79
Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge
SE141-86 Stockholm
Sweden

Clinical Research Coordinator
Jeffrey Modell Diagnostic and Research Center for Primary
Immunodeficiencies at the Municipal Hospital St. Georg Leipzig
Delitzscher Strasse 141
D-04129 Leipzig
Germany

Notice of confidentiality - The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and only for the intended recipient identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, any use of this communication is unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message. Thank you.