[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] AW: HSCT for Nijmegen Breakge Syndrome

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Jul 27 07:17:28 EDT 2016

Dear Laia,
we are following a very similar patient (female, same age, same deletion, mild developmental delay, no malignancy, T-cells a little lower, developed bronchiectasis despite adequate SCIG replacement). We transplanted her from a MUD donor using the German Fanconi anemia regimen (GEFA03). Unfortunately she rejected. The family is very hesitant to go through transplant again, but if it ever happens, I personally would use something with a little more intensity like i.e. treo/flu. I think the data in our small BMT paper from 2010 show that at least patients 3, 4 and 6 tolerated  a "conventional" reduced intensity regimen quite well. Andy Gennery may weigh in on this as well with the data from additional transplants he has collected.
BR
Michael

PD Dr. med. Michael Albert
Oberarzt / Leiter Stammzelltransplantation
Kinder- und Jugendarzt / Kinderhämatologe/-onkologe

Dr. von Haunersches Kinderspital
Klinikum der Universität München
Lindwurmstr. 4, 80337 München

Tel.: (089) 4400-52811 (Pforte)
Tel.: (089) 4400-52785 (Büro)
Fax: (089) 4400-57171
E-Mail: michael.albert at med.uni-muenchen.de<mailto:michael.albert at med.uni-muenchen.de>

PD Dr. med. Michael Albert
Attending physician / Head Pediatric SCT
Pediatrics / Pediatric Hematology/Oncology

Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital
Klinikum der Universität München
Lindwurmstr. 4, 80337 München
Germany

Tel.: +49 89 4400-52811 (Reception)
Tel.: +49 89 4400-52785 (Office)
Fax: +49 89 4400-57171
E-Mail: michael.albert at med.uni-muenchen.de<mailto:michael.albert at med.uni-muenchen.de>

www.klinikum.uni-muenchen.de<http://www.klinikum.uni-muenchen.de/>

[cid:image003.png at 01D1E809.39675CC0]
Das Klinikum der Universität München ist eine Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts (AöR)