[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] yellow fever vaccine

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sun Sep 18 11:17:07 EDT 2016

I have a patient who is a 50 year old man with S. aureus chronic rhinosinusitis with polyps.  He has been diagnosed with selective antibody deficiency, mild phenotype (responded to 20/23 serotypes).   His immunoglobulin  levels and IgG subtypes were normal, and he apparently responded to DT. I have not yet obtained the actual results yet from the DT.  CD3,4,8 were normal.  He was started on IgG replacement because he was not responsive to any other treatment.  There has been some improvement.

The patient is traveling to Ethiopia for which the live yellow fever vaccine is recommended.  The ID person who follows him is reluctant to give him the vaccination given his immunodeficiency diagnosis.  My thoughts are that since this would be considered a mild antibody deficiency, it would be advisable to give it.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Wellington S. Tichenor, M. D.