[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Pneumococcal titers

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Tue Sep 20 20:37:12 EDT 2016

Ejaz:

I think your experience is the 'normal.'  The primary problem with repeating titers 6 months after the vaccine is that there are no age-appropriate "normal" data that I know of that address the issue.  It's difficult for immunologists to generate this information because we see patients for immune deficiency evaluations.

I have suggested to our Kaiser colleagues that this is the perfect study for them.  They have a superb infrastructure for vaccine studies in Northern California and they have a large "well" population.  I suspect a major problem is that there are no vaccine manufacturers willing to support such an effort.  My answers to your specific questions are below.

Joe Church
Children's Hospital Los Angeles