[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Lymphoproliferation and massive splenomegaly in CVID

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sun Sep 25 11:30:54 EDT 2016

*CVID panel for the above patient:*

CD3- 93.1% (52- 78%)
*CD20- 1.15% (13- 27%)*
*CD19- 2.7% (5- 19%)*
CD56/16- 5.5% (5- 30%)
CD4- 91.6% (50- 80%)
CD8- 38.3% (28- 50%)
Class switched B cells- 11.4% (8- 31%)
Naive B cells- 52% (42- 82%)
Marginal zone like B cells- 13.4% (7- 32%)
Class switched memory B cells- 14.3% (8- 31%)
Transitional B cells- 6.3% (0.6- 8%)
Plasmoblasts- 1.7% (0.4- 3%)
Btk expression in monocytes- percentage expression in case: 71.02%;
Control: 84.3%
CD81 expression by flow cytometry in the case- 88.1%
BAFR expression by flow cytometry in the case- 95.6%
*ICOS expression by flow cytometry- percentage expression in case: 28.2%;
control: 70.3%*

1. The patient has low B cells and normal class-switched memory B cells. Is
this seen with the autoimmunity/ lymphoproliferation predominant CVID we
have in this patient? any other monogenic forms of immuno- dysregulation?

2. Would anyone use steroids or other kinds of immunosuppression to reduce
the lymphoproliferation at this point of time?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Vignesh P

Vignesh P
MD Pediatrics,
DM resident in Pediatric Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology (Jan 2015-
Dec 2017),
Allergy Immunology Unit, Advanced Pediatrics Center,
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research,
Chandigarh, India. 160012.
E mail: vigimmc at gmail.com
Phone no: +91-9592047009, +91-9944547009

or send a blank email to leave-3859574-96396833.5a9591ccd1e327fe6bc4d1543298c482 at lyris.dundee.net