[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Gardasil and Antibody deficiency

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Oct 5 09:58:07 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

The question of whether to give gardasil to our young adolescents with CVID and other primary antibody disorders has come up a few times in our clinic and I'm curious about the group consensus.   We have been of the opinion that since it is inactivated, and we have no data regarding whether IVIG provides any protection against HPV,  it is unlikely to cause harm, and may potentially induce a cellular response that could be beneficial.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Michael D. Keller, MD

Assistant Professor, Division of Allergy / Immunology

Center for Cancer and Immunology Research

Jeffrey Modell Diagnostic and Research Center for

Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders

Children's National Health System

111 Michigan Ave NW, M7745A

Washington, DC 20010