[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Low NK function question

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Tue Oct 11 16:48:43 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I recently graduated from A/I fellowship and now seeing patients at a
private practice. We recently saw a 49 year old Japanese female with
recurrent episodes of shingles at the age of 25, 30 and 49 and a history of
recurrent mumps-like illness during childhood. No other significant
infections or significant PMH.

Quantitative immunoglobulins and lymphocyte subsets/% including NK cells
were normal. CBC normal with no monocytopenia. However, NK cell function
(via Quest labs) was low at 5 LU30 (decreased activity <7, normal activity
7-125). This was repeated with the same result.

She has undetectable titers to HSV and CMV. Is there anything else that we
can offer this patient? Prophylaxis? How should we proceed? Would
appreciate any thoughts! Thanks in advance,

--
Jennifer Toh, M.D.
Associate

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the message from your system, without disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on its contents. By replying
to this email, you acknowledge that you are aware that email is not
considered a secure method of communication, and that you agree to the
risks. *

or send a blank email to leave-3893867-96396833.5a9591ccd1e327fe6bc4d1543298c482 at lyris.dundee.net