[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Low NK function question

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Oct 12 01:50:25 EDT 2016

Hi Jennifer!

About the exact diagnosis, I would contact Jordan Orange and his NK and their genetics lab in Texas...

Prophylactic long term valaciclovir is well tolerated, efficacy against HSV depends on the conscientious and regular use and perfect compliance, thus I use it only in

- highly frequent recurrent proven HSV meningitis and

- recurrent HSV encephalitis (with TLR3 pathway defects) and also in their seronegative carrier relatives

- highly recurrent (> 7-10 recurrences /y for >1 y after primary clinical episode) genital HSV2

(who all usually are extremely compliant and eager to consume 1000mg x2-3/d "forever", though in gHSV2 one usually gets rid of the medication after some years)

ATB

Mikko

Mikko Seppänen MD, PhD
[X]