[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Test for OKT4 epitope deficiency

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Mon Oct 24 16:32:54 EDT 2016

Dear Professors,

I follow a patient whom I would like to test for OKT4 epitope deficiency. Does any lab perform this test in the US?
The patient is a 2yo male who presented with severe autoimmune aplastic anemia and was found to have severe CD4 lymphopenia (other lymphocyte subsets are normal) and asymptomatic CMV viremia. Infection history is otherwise unremarkable and patient otherwise appears healthy. HIV and TB tests are negative. He had low response to PHA and ConA and normal response to Pokeweed. IgG is nl, IgM is slightly low. He got IVIG back in July before I was consulted, I haven't gotten vaccine titers.
Aplastic anemia did not improve once CMV viral load became negative s/p treatment with valacyclovir.
I'm considering sending SCID genetic panel on this patient as well.

Thank you,

Araceli

Araceli Elizalde, MD
 Immunology Clinic Director
 Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
 Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology
 Children's Hospital of San Antonio
 Baylor College of Medicine