[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Influenza vaccine

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Dec 21 15:57:51 EST 2016

Hi Yeshim,

We do recommend inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) to all of our antibody deficient patients (even XLAs).  There is admittedly no data to support efficacy, but since current immunoglobulin batches are unlikely to be effective against the annual influenza strains, and the vaccine is quite safe, we think it's worthwhile.

You bring up excellent points about the dose and whether we should be boosting.  This would be a great study.  If anyone out there wants to take this on, we'll participate!  :)

Best regards and happy holidays,
Mike

Michael D. Keller, MD

Assistant Professor, Division of Allergy / Immunology

Center for Cancer and Immunology Research

Jeffrey Modell Diagnostic and Research Center for

Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders

Children's National Health System

111 Michigan Ave NW, M7745A

Washington, DC 20010