[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] FOXN1 heterozygous phenotype?

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Fri Dec 30 15:25:54 EST 2016

Thanks everyone.  We will test parents next.  The variant leads to an early stop codon, so I think we are confident it is haploinsufficiency.

The patient had a targeted SCID panel, so not WES.  I agree It will be very interesting to see if some of these cases with atypical presentation have genetic modifiers.

Best,

Megan

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 9:28 AM, CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org> wrote:
>
> I agree with Mike. However, we should not dismiss the possibility of
> digenic inheritance, where haploinsufficiency for FOXN1 - in combination
> with some other gene defect - may cause a phenotype. It would be great if
> would be willing to compare the WES data in all of these cases and see
> whether other changes are also shared, that could support a digenic
> inheritance. This has yet to be demonstrated in PIDs, but is well reported
> in other genetic conditions (such as nephropathies).
>
> Gigi
>
> Luigi D. Notarangelo, M.D.
> Deputy Chief, LHD
> Laboratory of Host Defenses
> DIR, NIAID, NIH, DHHS
> 10 Center Drive
> Bldg. 10 CRC, Room 5W3940
> Bethesda, MD 20892-1456
> Phone: 301-761-7550
> Fax: 301-480-3810
> cell: 301-272-0577
>

>> On 12/30/16, 10:09 AM, "CIS-PIDD" <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Megan,
>>
>> Have the parents been sequenced?   I would question the pathogenicity of
>> the mutation if one of the parents were carriers and well.
>>
>> You might consider TCR spectratyping to see if there is any qualitative
>> abnormalities in the T cell repertoire.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mike
>>
>> Michael Keller MD
>> Assistant Professor
>> Childrens National Medical Center
>>

>>> On Dec 30, 2016, at 9:34 AM, CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Megan - You should touch base with Elena Perez. She follows a leaky
>>> SCID patient (picked up be NBS) with FOXN1 mutation that was passed from
>>> the father.
>>>
>>> Jen Leiding

>>> FqkSey45L0vbcX0oKI&m=p0bF-HJN5_so5edQKkTbLExoepDHZ4LdCR9lwI0_o6o&s=uex7Qx