[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Latent TB and a history of recurrent pneumonia

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Feb 15 17:24:39 EST 2017

Hi, Dr. Wasserman:

Sounds fairly routine latent TB to me.  Alternatively, if he's exposed to farms / animals or eats raw cheese / milk (given his interest in working in a zoo ...), it might even be M. bovis (wild type, not the BCG strain), which should give you positives for both PPD and Quantiferon.

I would not do anything differently from your routine kid with latent TB.

  - K

Karl O. A. Yu, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.P.
Section of Infectious Diseases  |  Department of Pediatrics  |  Comer Children's Hospital  |  University of Chicago
5841 S Maryland Ave,  MC 6054,  Chicago  IL  60637
Office phone: 773-702-9281  |  Pager: 773-702-6800 x1744  |  Fax: 773-702-1196