[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CVID/Antibody defect

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Feb 23 12:19:18 EST 2017

With respect to malignancy surveillance, the party line on most types of cancer predispositions is for the patient to follow routine cancer screening recommendations. Primary care guys can be as good for that as oncologists. There is no screening for lymphoma other than PE for lymphadenopathy and questions about B symptoms. If your BMP includes LDH, that would be a screen as well, but I would not order it otherwise as the performance characteristics of such screening are unknown. (One of my residents when I was an intern told me that LDH stands for Little Damn Help.)
-R

--
Rob Sokolic, MD
Medical Officer

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C57E.DFA022A0]<https://www.facebook.com/FDA>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01D1C57E.DFA022A0] <https://twitter.com/US_FDA>   [cid:image004.jpg at 01D1C57E.DFA022A0] <http://www.youtube.com/user/USFoodandDrugAdmin>   [cid:image005.jpg at 01D1C57E.DFA022A0] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fdaphotos/>   [cid:image006.jpg at 01D1C57E.DFA022A0] <http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/ContactFDA/StayInformed/RSSFeeds/default.htm>

The above transmission is meant solely for the addressee. The information contained in this message may be of a private, medical, privileged or industrial nature, and may not be communicated beyond the initial recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or the agent of such recipient, please destroy all physical copies of this message, delete all electronic copies and notify the sender of the error.

This communication does not constitute a written advisory opinion under 21 CFR 10.85, but rather is an informal communication under 21 CFR 10.85(k) which represents my best judgment at this time, but does not necessarily represent the formal position of FDA, and does not bind or otherwise obligate or commit the agency to the views expressed.