[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Severe Dysregulatory Syndrome/ Growth failure/ Absent B cells

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Fri Mar 3 09:29:40 EST 2017

This may be an Omenn. Proliferation studies may be normal in Omenn, and a significant proportion of the patients do not have elevated IgE.
Artemis should  to be dismissed as a possible cause. Although a heterozygous mutation was found, it would be important to rule out intragenic deletions on he other allele. Tese are very common in patients with Artemis defects. I would recommend performing cellular radio sensitivity testing, which would be important when it comes to the plan for transplant.
We have found that both the RAG and the Artemis patients have a unique NK phenotype. Happy to help if you are interested.

Luigi D. Notarangelo, MD
Deputy Chief, Laboratory of Host Defenses
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
Bldg 10, Room 5-3950
10 Center Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892
email: luigi.notarangelo2 at nih.gov