[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Febrile 7 month old boy

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Mon Mar 20 14:27:43 EDT 2017

I wanted to follow up on a case I shared last year and see if anyone had
insight on the recently detected mutation.  Briefly, the infant boy had
recurrent fevers (hospitalized multiple times with extensive workup),
anemia of chronic disease, reactive thrombocytosis, and slight hypotonia
last spring/summer/fall.  His 37-gene fever panel (MNG Laboratories) was
negative and he didn’t respond much to anakinra.  With the tincture of
time, his fevers and symptoms have fortunately resolved.   He is now 15
months and doing much better.

Whole exome sequencing revealed 2 variants of unknown significance (VUS):

*1- NLRP12: Heterozygousc.779C>T(p.T260M) inherited from mother.*

2-TREX1: Heterozygousc.391T>G (p.F131V) inherited from father

Since heterozygous variants in the NLRP12 gene have been reported in
association with Familial Cold Autoinflammatory Syndrome, I wonder if this
VUS may be significant?!?!  Again, any recommendations would be much
appreciated.  Full history with labs and imaging is below.

*Cindy Salm Bauer, MD*

Co-Director, Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Clinic

Co-Director, Immunohematology Clinic

Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona

Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatric Pulmonology

Phoenix Children's Hospital

1919 East Thomas Road / Phoenix, AZ  85016 / Tel:  602-933-4063
<(602)%20933-4063>

cbauer at phoenixchildrens.com

or send a blank email to leave-4270203-96396833.5a9591ccd1e327fe6bc4d1543298c482 at lyris.dundee.net