[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] VS: Splenic embolization in CVID with massive splenomegaly

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Mar 29 07:41:26 EDT 2017

Hi

We had a quite similar patient who unfortunately recently died of salmonella sepsis.  Male born 1962,  CVI, GLILD, splenomegaly and portal hypertension (oesophageal varices and caput medusae).  In liver biopsy there was mainly sinusoidal CD8 T cell infiltrate. A clonal TCR population was found in the liver and bone marrow, and LGL lymphocytosis in the blood and BM.

In WES  TACI mutation was found. (Might be worth a relook.)  In 2009 CD19 B cells consisted 7% of lymphocytes, no switched memory B cells.  After 2014 B cells have been 0.   CD4 cells 247 /24%. Low naïve T cells and RTE.
Chronic norovirus and diarrhea. Molluscum contagiosum like lesions in skin.

We were preparing with haematologists to treat the LGL lymphoproliferation.

So it could be worthwhile to look for LGL lymphoproliferation.

Best regards

Timi Martelius MD
Inflammation Centre/Infectious Diseases
Helsinki University Hospital