[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] AW: 15yo with RTEL1 variant

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sun May 7 18:17:57 EDT 2017

?Dear Dr Church,

how are B cell numbers in your patient? Many DC patients incl RTEL1 have reduced B and NK cells, which is helpful in initial screening. Although the clinical phenotype of dominant/recessive RTEL1 deficiency is broad - the phenotype of your patient seems to vary a lot from patients with confirmed RTEL1 mutations.  Maybe you find the clinical/laboratory overview in our recent report helpful to look out for previously unrecognized similarities in your patient:

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00449/full

Sharon Savage's lab at the NIH might be a good contact in the US regarding genetic/functional work-up of your patient:

https://dceg.cancer.gov/about/staff-directory/biographies/O-Z/savage-sharon

Otherwise I am also happy to connect you with the Bone Marrow Failure group of Dr Wlodarski here in Freiburg/Germany, who are also following a growing cohort of DC patients.

Kind regards, Carsten Speckmann

--
PD Dr. Carsten Speckmann
Consultant Immunologist and Stem Cell Transplantation

UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
Centrum für Chronische Immundefizienz (CCI)
Zentrum für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
Pädiatrische Hämatologie und Onkologie

Mathildenstrasse 1 · 79106 Freiburg · Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)761 270 43010
Telefax: +49 (0)761 270 45990
https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/cci/
https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/paed-haematologie.html