[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA2 deficiency - Infliximab dosage

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed May 17 04:15:46 EDT 2017

Do you guys add methotrexate to prevent auto-antibody formation?
(Fabian: our patients like adalimumab…)
Best, Bodo
Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. B. Grimbacher

Scientific-Director
CCI-Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency
UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
Tel.: 0761 270-77731  Fax: -77744
Breisacherstraße 115, 79106 Freiburg
bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de
www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/cci

Von: <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net<mailto:cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>> on behalf of CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org<mailto:cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org>>
Antworten an: CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net<mailto:cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>>
Datum: Tuesday 16 May 2017 17:11
An: CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net<mailto:cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>>
Betreff: Re: [cis-pidd] ADA2 deficiency - Infliximab dosage

That is the standard IBD load.  I suggest you do proactive therapeutic drug monitoring after the load is complete to adjust the dosing.  Check level no sooner than 4 weeks after the third dose.  Ideally a true trough is helpful so 6 weeks after third dose would be best. Infliximab is more antigenic (up to 25 percent can develop anti drug antibodies) than other anti TNFs so  I typically premedicate with Tylenol, Benadryl, and IV hydrocortisone.

Infliximab level testing is available from labcorp, ARUP, Prometheus, Mayo lab, and Miraca for those of us in the US.

Levels can be impacted by extends of disease, albumin, and degree of inflammation.

Best,

SG

Sarah C. Glover, DO, AGAF
Director, Inflammatory Bowel and Celiac Disease Program
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Florida
PO Box 103643 <x-apple-data-detectors://1>
Gainesville, FL 32610<x-apple-data-detectors://1>
http://gastroliver.medicine.ufl.edu/ibd/
Phone (UF Health patient access center): 352-273-9400<tel:352-273-9400>
Phone (IBD research): 352-265-8971<tel:352-265-8971>
Phone (Cell): 312-933-8039<tel:312-933-8039>
Fax 352-265-8979<tel:352-265-8979>​

Sent from my iPhone