[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] pyoderma gangrinosum and pathergy

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Jun 21 11:34:02 EDT 2017

Richard,
I recently had a good experience with anakinra in an infant who had severe PG that is so far idiopathic. Total resolution.

 I am not sure whether it has latex and any component, but it does come in a glass syringe.

It has the other advantage that you may not have to give it as a subcut which could cause increased pathergy and more lesions. But rather could be given as IV, since she has an indwelling line. Also easy to combine with other immunosuppressants such as MMF.
Mona
Mona Riskalla, MD, MS
Assistant professor of pediatrics
Pediatric Rheumatology