[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CVID/IVIg/heparin in patient with h/o PE

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Sep 21 02:52:06 EDT 2017

Dear Bodo:

Thank you for the response.

In answer to your questions, our 37 year old patient with MS did have low immunoglobulins before receiving rituximab, and at our recent first visit my strong impression was that she has primary immunodeficiency accompanied by multiple autoimmune disorders (MS, Crohns, dermatomyositis). She is undergoing genetic analysis to see if we can provide further definition.

That noted, my neurology colleagues report that her MS history, exam and imaging are consistent with a classic MS, and she responded to rituximab for 10 months before recurrent symptoms (although another one of our similar patients who most likely DOES have CNS lymphocytic infiltration has remained symptom free on rituximab)- her genetic work-up is negative thus far.

Sincerely,

Katherine

Katherine Gundling, MD, FACP
Clinical Professor