[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CVID with 868mg/dL of IgM,

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Sep 27 22:32:41 EDT 2017

Dear Fellows,
first thanks all of you for your help in this case,

I just got the protein electrophoresis that  seems normal only with a minor increase on the alpha 1 peak.
We also tested the serum Beta 2 micro globulin and is in 4900 ng/ml (normal 600 to 2000 ng/ml)
is this beta 2microglobulin normal for a CVID patient? or AID deficiency? should we looking for a Lymphoma? (so far no evidence of enlarged lymph nodes, only the splenomegaly), the patient still with fatigue and diarrhea as a main features with ocasional respiratory features.

Thanks for your help

Luis Alberto Pedroza, Ph.D.

Colegio de Ciencias de la Salud, COCSA
Universidad San Francisco de Quito
lpedroza at usfq.edu.ec<mailto:lpedroza at usfq.edu.ec>
Diego de Robles y Vía Interoceánica, Quito, Ecuador