[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] GATA 2 mutation and skin lesion

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sat Nov 18 09:31:38 EST 2017

We have had difficulties with identifying NTM so I suggest sending to Mayo, National Jewish or The University of Texas at Tyler and make sure that they do PCR if it is not one of the most common 2-3 organisms.  Also make sure that you get a genus and species, e.g. not just MAI.  We have written a few papers about the problems with identifying the organisms along with the group at UT Tyler.  References at end of email.

Sincerely,

Wellington S. Tichenor, M. D.
642 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10065
212 517-6611
wtichenor at sinuses.com<https://register.concentric.com/home/apps/mail/mbox_compose.cgi?pTo=wtichenor@sinuses.com>

Tichenor WS, Thurlow J, McNulty S, Brown-Elliott BA, Wallace RJ, Falkinham JO, Nontuberculous Mycobacteria in Household Plumbing as a Possible Cause of Chronic Rhinosinusitis, Emerging Infectious Disease, 2012;18(10): 1612-1617

Wallace R,  Iakhiaeva E, Williams M, Brown-Elliott B, Vasireddy S,  Vasireddy R, Lande L,  Peterson D,  Sawicki J,  Kwait R,  Tichenor W,  Turenne C, and Falkinham J  Absence of Mycobacterium intracellulare and the Presence of Mycobacterium chimaera in Household Water and Biofilm Samples of Patients in the U.S. With Mycobacterium avium Complex Respiratory Disease, Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2013;51(6), 1747-1752