[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] VS: assistance with patient case with ALPS-like disease

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Apr 11 03:56:22 EDT 2018

Hi Kate,

Combination of encephalopathy and ALPS-like is HIGHLY suggestive of FADD, actually unique to it, is there even some reversible hepatopathy?  Any signs of functional hyposplenism in the peripheral blood smear? --> is this still FADD, could even be with somewhat different phenotype than the reported one?
If it looks like a duck, walks like...

I suggest that you still have the WES and gene panel sequencers visually check FADD and report its coverage? Were all exons and introns covered? Any small deletions gone unnoticed? Any flanking region mutations?

Even if nothing were found, I still suggest that FADD with introns and flanking regions may need to be re-sequenced, especially if there were gaps in coverage, this could be done as either singly or as part of WGS (the latter may cost the same as the first option...)?

Contact J-L Casanova and Anne Puel? Even if there in the end is nothing in FADD, I would look at the FADD connectome and then search for something novel in that? And if there is only a heterozygous VUS in FADD that could turn out to be a dominant negative mutation (not described yet)?

Hope this helps!

ATB

Mikko

Mikko Seppänen, MD, PhD, Adjunct professor
Head
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Rare Disease Center
House G, P.O.Box 281, 00029 HUS | Stänbäckinkatu 11, Helsinki
FINLAND
mikko.seppanen at hus.fi<mailto:mikko.seppanen at hus.fi>
+358 50 4279606| fax +358 9 47174703