[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] absent T cells and anomalies

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu May 17 11:37:58 EDT 2018

>From my side of things, I agree with Nikita and David and would not rush to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation without a better idea of whether the patient’s fundamental defect is inherent to the bone marrow precursors or due to thymic aplasia, especially if the sibling is only 3 years of age and most likely has not encountered the vast array of pathogens that an individual might face during a lifetime.

I probably wouldn’t hesitate to reach out to Louise Markert at Duke and Gigi Notarangelo at the NIH to get their thoughts.

Ivan Chinn, M.D.

From: <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net<mailto:cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>> on behalf of CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org<mailto:cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org>>
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:22 AM
To: CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net<mailto:cis-pidd at lyris.dundee.net>>
Subject: AW: [cis-pidd] absent T cells and anomalies

***CAUTION:*** This email is not from a BCM Source. Only click links or open attachments you know are safe.
Hi Dave,
if he has a matched sib, why not just infuse bone marrow without conditioning asap?
BR
Michael Albert