[sbe-eas] Errant Winter Storm Warning EAS?

Joe Tymecki jtymecki at vpr.org
Mon Feb 28 11:21:26 EST 2022

Greetings - digging this thread back up from a few years ago.
This is timely for us northern New England as we've seen snow squalls twice in the last week.
As a broadcaster we still cannot relay SQW warnings, unfortunately.
Does anyone know if the FCC is moving closer to making snow squalls warnings (SQW) an official warning code for which we can filter in our EAS gear?

Regards,
Joe

Joe Tymecki  (he/him)
Senior Vice President of Technology & Engineering
VPR & Vermont PBS
P: (802) 654-4336 | M: (802) 355-0959
jtymecki at vpr.org

[https://r.vermontpbs.org/img/codetwo/TheFrequency-Email-Signature-InterimBranding.jpg] <https://go.vermontpbs.org/VPR-The-Frequency-Podcast>