[sbe-eas] Need help identifying a IPAWS message in Arizona

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Jan 18 15:07:00 EST 2023

Could you send me the photo directly (the mailing list strips
attachments).

IPAWS messages get passed nation-wide, and many systems (cable, wireless,
social media) have strange routings.  The individual distributors filter
the IPAWS feed, and when their filters are wrong, will redistribute
messages in weird ways.  It can get confusing for the public because Apps
on phones and social media never show the 'source' of emergency messages.

That's one reason why I always recommend emergency authorities include
the target audience in the text of the message.