[sbe-eas] Question about ETRS Form 1 requirement for stations that 100% other stations

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Tue Jan 24 11:32:29 EST 2023

'Morning, everyone !

Here in New Mexico (as in many parts of the country) we have Public Radio
non-commercial FM stations that feed 100% of programming to several other
full-power FM stations, often called "slave" or "satellite" stations.

May I please ask if anyone knows for certain of the "slave" or "satellite"
FM stations which originate no programming of their own (1) are required to
have EAS equipment and (2) are required to file the reporting Forms called
for in ETRS recording?

Many thanks in advance for your guidance!

Mike/

Mike Langner
929 Alameda Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114-1901