[sbe-eas] Question about ETRS Form 1 requirement for stations that 100% other stations

Aaron Read readaaron at friedbagels.com
Tue Jan 24 13:23:27 EST 2023

No and no.  But it must be a 100% simulcast.

>From the official FCC ETRS FAQs...
https://www.fcc.gov/file/24507/download

*Are satellite stations or repeaters of a hub station required to
registerand file in ETRS**? *Analog and digital broadcast stations that
operate as
satellites or repeaters of a hub station (or common studio or control point
if there is no hub station) and rebroadcast 100 percent of the programming
of the hub station (or common studio or control point) are
NOT required to register and file in ETRS. However, the hub station (or
common studio or control point) is required to register and file in ETRS.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:32 AM Mike Langner <mlangner at swcp.com> wrote:

> ‘Morning, everyone !
>
> Here in New Mexico (as in many parts of the country) we have Public Radio
> non-commercial FM stations that feed 100% of programming to several other
> full-power FM stations, often called “slave” or “satellite” stations.
>
> May I please ask if anyone knows for certain of the “slave” or “satellite”
> FM stations which originate no programming of their own (1) are required to
> have EAS equipment and (2) are required to file the reporting Forms called
> for in ETRS recording?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your guidance!
>
> Mike/
> _______________________________________
>

> Mike Langner
> 929 Alameda Road NW
> Albuquerque, NM 87114-1901
>
> (505) 898-3212 home/home office
> (505) 238-8810 cell
> mlangner at swcp.com

Aaron Read
readaaron at friedbagels.com
www.friedbagels.com
"Engineering: it's like math but LOUDER!"