[sbe-eas] Question about ETRS Form 1 requirement for stations that 100% other stations

Aaron Read readaaron at friedbagels.com
Tue Jan 24 16:19:52 EST 2023

Well then it's not a 100% simulcast anymore, is it?  :)

But seriously, there's nothing stopping you from having a single EAS Endec
that matches filters from two or more different EAS operational areas.

Of course, if you're talking about widely-spaced locales, or a
geographically large statewide network like, say, Minnesota Public Radio?
 Having one EAS box sent all the tests/alerts to cover the entire network
will sound kinda strange, as there'll be tests/alerts that would be
relevant only to people that might be hundreds of miles away from any given
listener.  So yes, it's generally not a good idea to do things that way.
In which case, it wouldn't be a 100% simulcast anymore because there'd be
multiple EAS Endecs.   And yes, at that point you'd have to register &
report your info within the ETRS separately.

- Aaron

Aaron Read
readaaron at friedbagels.com
www.friedbagels.com
"Engineering: it's like math but LOUDER!"