[sbe-eas] Maryland Amber Alert last night still active on T mobile

Ken Evans ken_evans at wmdt.com
Fri Feb 24 13:51:53 EST 2023

Rob,

Right, they have an agreement with the group that sends them out, rather than Emergency Management because of the WEA requirements, as the group sending them are very good at making sure the cancelation message is sent out for WEA, is the way it was explained to me.  If I remember correctly, it was an issue with cancelation of the WEA that made them arrange to do it that way.    Something that happened years ago, we get so few amber alerts.

All I know is only one section of the Maryland State Police is allowed to activate for CAE.  And the person in charge of that section was the one who called me this morning.  Getting through to the correct person at T mobile might be difficult.  But I have a lead.  Thanks Gary!

Glad I knew why I got it, this morning.  I knew the alert was canceled.  And the correct person called me to ask about it.  So, believe it or not, I knew what the problem was, and probably why it happened.  I guess the towers do not report back that the cancellation was received to anyone.

Hey, the SECC is not in charge of the WEA issues.  But I guess I should add cell phone company contacts to my database, just in case something like this happens.

You said, "it wouldn't get a good rating"?   Can I ask why?  Have you had problems?

Regards,

Ken Evans