[sbe-eas] UI is hard: Why did Floridians wake up to an early-morning emergency alert?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Apr 20 17:08:07 EDT 2023

The WEA rules about RMT were changed in IPAWS v4 and FCC state/local test
rules.  RMT and RWT are now valid for WEA, but I think need to be
configured in your IPAWS profiles (FEMA IPAWS office would know).  FEMA
wanted out of the code filtering business with IPAWS v4.  Almost any
three-letters can be used (except EAN, NPT and maybe a few others).