[sbe-eas] Anyone else getting 504 Gateway Errors from IPAWS?

Dave Turnmire eassbelist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:19:56 EDT 2023

It appears to be working now.  Can we get some followup info regarding
how long this outage lasted, the cause, and any possible future
remedies?  I suspect that my jurisdiction isn't the only one that has
budget restraints such that the costs of maintaining alternative
alerting systems gets challenged from time to time.  IPAWS is our
primary tool for non-weather alerts and usually works well, but it is
obviously not infallible.  The better we understand its limits, the
easier to justify expenses for maintaining alternative methods.

Thanks

Dave