[sbe-eas] Proposed rule making on WEA in Daily Digest yesterday

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Apr 25 10:45:12 EDT 2023

Sometimes the FCC claims it can't make changes, except with FEMA's
permission.

"The Commission cannot do this except in concert with FEMA, which has
asked us to delete the code." (FCC-22-75)

Other times, the FCC makes unilateral changes because it wants too.

Smartphone OS authors Apple (iOS) and Google (Android) representatives
were included in the recent CSRIC advisory meetings about WEA changes.
But alert origination software vendors are missing from the consultation.