[sbe-eas] Twitter reverses its reversal: Allows free automated weather alert messages

Lowell Kiesow lkiesow at knkx.org
Wed May 3 15:16:31 EDT 2023

Twitter was very useful, but under new the management, the reliability and
stability of the platform is compromised. The credibility of information
presented there has to be always considered suspect.  With no verification,
it's a bad idea to accept any kind of emergency information and act on it.
It's time to pull away from Twitter.

It's also worth noting that many respected news organizations no longer
post to Twitter, including NPR, CBS, PBS, CBC, and BBC. Twitter is also
hemorrhaging advertising income, putting its long term survival in
question.  As much as I like reading Tweets from my local NWS forecasters
and the local fire department, I feel like they should stop using it.

Lowell Kiesow
Chief Engineer
*88* <http://knkx.org/>*.* <http://www.jazz24.org/>*5 FM KNKX*
<http://knkx.org/> ●*  Jazz24.org <http://www.jazz24.org/>*