[sbe-eas] NPR World Service Aired EAS Tones

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri May 26 11:34:14 EDT 2023

I pulled the BBC World Service mp3 file from its website.  My unofficial
decoding software indicates the data bursts are a End-Of-Message (NNNN).
Other than maybe a diagnostic log entry in some EAS vendor boxes, it
should be ignored.

FEMA has 'defanged' sample EAS audio files (sound like but won't
trigger EAS boxes) for use in public service announcements but
re-organized the FEMA website.  I can't find them currently.