[sbe-eas] NPR World Service Aired EAS Tones

Dave Anderson dave at fab-corp.com
Fri May 26 16:45:40 EDT 2023

Yes, sure have....

We aired the 4:50ET version in overnight BBC coverage.

It only included the EOM tones so it shouldn't have woken up anyone's encoders downstream.   No header or attention tone was included.

It has chunks of audio from a tornado warning from the NWS for the Oklahoma tornado 10 years ago with a discussion surrounding it all the way to the end of the piece mixed around the EOM tones.

Anyone wanting to hear this let me know in private e-mail I'll send the snip from the air skim.

Even though it wasn't a full EAS alert,  I had our counsel notify the FCC under 47 C.F.R. 11.45(b) that we aired this.

Regards,

Dave Anderson, CBRE
Chief Broadcast Engineer
WUSF Public Media