[sbe-eas] Florida CFO urges FCC to halt use of wireless emergency alerts

Aaron Read readaaron at friedbagels.com
Thu Nov 2 13:05:16 EDT 2023

Honestly, Sean, I'm mildly offended that you sullied our fine listserv with
this political tripe.  ;-)

But seriously folks, this is political pandering...no, it's
*scaremongering*...and nothing more.  I'm sure Patronis, a former State
Representative, Rick Scott appointee, and no doubt DeSantis acolyte, will
be screaming for the WEA system to be used when the next Category 5
hurricane destroys The Villages.

https://www.wlrn.org/news/2018-11-06/jimmy-patronis-wins-full-term-as-floridas-cfo

- Aaron

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 9:55 AM Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:

> The CFO of the state of Florida is asking the FCC to "immediately halt any
> further utilization" of the federal government's wireless emergency alert
> service.
>

> https://myfloridacfo.com/news/pressreleases/press-release-details/2023/10/30/cfo-patronis-to-the-fcc--halt-utilization-of-the-national-wireless-emergency-alert-system
>

> Apparently, the State of Florida knows how to issue a press release, but
> doesn't know how to submit comments to the FCC.  His letter has not
> appeared in the ECFS yet.

Aaron Read
readaaron at friedbagels.com
www.friedbagels.com
"Engineering: it's like math but LOUDER!"